Monday, January 28, 2013

Iron Parlor Chairs

 I have started my iron parlor chair makeover.  I have, however, hit a bump in the road.  You know when you imagine how something is going to look and then when you do it, it looks nothing like you imagined.  In fact, it looks awful.  So, for now I am gonna just sit on it for a while (haha, pardon the pun).   I know it will come to me.

So here is what we have so far.

BEFORE


AFTER


I just need to figure out what to do for the backrest.  Out of the four chairs only two came with backs.  The two that did have the backs were in really rough shape.  A friend suggested I just leave them open. What do you think?

2 comments:

Amy said...

Open - but I can't believe you didn't paint them turquoise! ;-) I think it looks great! :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! What a difference!