Saturday, February 23, 2013

Cowboy Caviar

Happy Saturday everyone.  I am taking my sweet time getting started this morning.  I am on my third cup of coffee and I am in no hurry to get out of my Jammie's.  I love the days when I don't  have a schedule and the day has endless possibilities.

Well, last week I entered a recipe in a contest/fundraiser for a cookbook over at Rusty Hinge.  I won a monogrammed tea towel.  You would have thought I won a million dollars.  I was so excited.  I love Rusty Hinges blog so it was a honor to be mentioned on her post and I won with over 350 entries.  Pretty exciting right?

So I thought that since

starts tomorrow,  and you might need a good appetizer, that I would share my Cowboy Caviar recipe.

Whenever I am asked to bring an appetizer to a party the host usually requests my Cowboy Caviar.  It seems to be everybody's favorite and quite the crowd pleaser.  So without further ado, here we go.

COWBOY CAVIAR



2-3 medium size tomatoes diced
2-3 ripe avocados diced
1 bunch of cilantro chopped
1 bunch of green onion chopped
1 can of corn, drained
1 can of black eyed peas, drained
1 pkg Good Seasons Italian Dressing, made according to directions

Toss everything together and serve with tortilla chips.  Best if made the same day as being served.

Hope you guys enjoy it.  I promise it will be one of your favorites.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This looks delicious and see easy to make!