Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Spicy Vodka

 This time of year we are always trying to think of easy, inexpensive gift we can give to friends and offer as a hostess gift.  Last year I was given a bottle of spicy vodka.  It is perfect for bloody mary's.


It is easy peasy.  I bought bottles for $1.99 at Marshall's and Ross.  I have also seen them at Cost Plus.  Then I added cocktail onions, orange bell pepper, serrano peppers, jalepeno peppers, red pepper flakes, and sundried tomatoes.  Just eyeball it.  Put however many looks nice.  I probably only put 1/2 tsp. of the red pepper flakes.  After I added the peppers to the bottle I then filled it up with vodka.  I used the Kirkland brand from Costco, but you can use whatever.  I figure total cost is about $10.00.



Then, I of course had to add a tag and a torn piece of red and white ticking.  I stamped out spicy vodka.  It was a nice touch.


No comments: