Friday, December 14, 2012

Decorating A Birdcage For Christmas

 I am very behind on my holiday decorating.  In the past I have been on schedule for decorating and behind in the gift buying.  This year it was in the reverse.  So, I apologize for the delay. I am finally ready to reveal some tidbits.  I have two birdcages in my dining room.  They are front and center so it made sense to give them some attention.


I have had these angels since I was three, at least that is my first memory of them.  I added some moss to the bottom for a makeshift nest.  On the top, I tied a burlap bow and added some turquoise balls and greenery.  I love how it turned out.  You can see the other birdcage behind it.


I added the same burlap bow, balls and greenery to the top and moss and a nest to the inside.  Simple and perfect.



I have to laugh.  I am learning a lot about photography in my efforts to take better pictures.  You can't see me to much, but I didn't realize my reflection would show in the ball.  Too funny.  Hope this inspires you to get creative.

No comments: