Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Havin A Blue Mood

I don't usually do blue.  My blue is turquoise, but my sister called in a favor.  She decorates her home in blues and reds.  She wanted a distressed look, so I thought it was a good time to try Miss Mustard's Seed Milk Paint in Flow Blue.  I also wanted to try her dark wax.  I am happy to report I absolutely loved the results.  I did do a light sanding even though she says you don't have to.  I wanted to make sure that the paint stuck.  My last project was a disaster when I didn't sand.  All of the milk paint just flaked off.  I will go into it more when I post that project.







The original color was a light grey, so when I distressed it the perfect amount of lightness popped thru.  When I added the dark wax I was in love.  It took the finish from so so to awesome. I will definitely do this technique again.  In fact, I can't wait to get to paintin.

To get back to Miss Mustard Seed press here.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the color! I'm sure your sister will be delighted. Blessings, Patti