Monday, March 4, 2013

Union Jack Cabinet

Happy Monday.  I am 3 days late on my promise to deliver my Union Jack Cabinet, but it is done.  You know how life gets in the way?  With three boys, I just have to go with the flow.

This cabinet has been quite the process, in fact it seems all my projects of late take a little more effort than originally intended. That's ok.  That is how I learn.  I figure out what works and doesn't.  It is all good.  I am learning, painfully, to just go with it.


How ugly is this?  This is not what I envisioned in my head.  Yuck!


Ok.  It's better, but it is still not right and I don't know what to do.  So I look at it for over 3 months.  It was killing me.  I knew it had potential, but what?


I see this picture on Pinterest.  I get inspired.  I can do some version of this.





Didn't it turn out great?  Union Jack was just what it needed.  I am sad to see it go, but I don't have room for it.  Hopefully it will find a happy home.

Have a great week guys.

No comments: