Saturday, March 17, 2012

Wrist Corsage

The fabulous thing about Etsy and Pinterest is that it sparks all sorts of creativity.  My son is attending Jr. Prom next Saturday so I thought it would be fun to make his dates wrist corsage and his boutonniere.  I have seen several examples of these on Etsy and Pinterest, so I thought I would give it a try.


I started with a premade wrist corsage kit from the wedding department at Michaels.  The only option is white.  My sons date is wearing a Midnight Blue dress, so I needed to make some adjustments.


I added black tulle through the center which will create a black tie to attach to her wrist.  I also trimmed off a lot of the white tulle so that you won't be able to see it.


I then added black tulle to create my base.


Then, you just start layering.  Just glue as you go.


They have a lot of different embellishments to choose from at Michaels.


I then added this rose that I made from velvet ribbon.  I googled a tutorial to learn how to make burlap roses and just applied the same method to the ribbon.  I am happy with the results.  I think this will look beautiful with her dress.  I will post prom pictures next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, may i know what kind of ribbon you used? It seems like there's no shades of blue to it (: